Today we got:
- baby bok choy
- 2 nice cukes
- cherry tomatoes
- pickled beets
- a lb of local cheddar
- sourdough from a local bakery
- a lb of local organic beef
- a cookbook (Eating Local)
- honey sticks from local apiaries
- and a dozen eggs that came complete with a story.
The eggs and story are, of course, what charmed me. It reads:
Good Morning! We arrived home last night after being out of state for several days to attend Grandmom Edna Shrock's funeral. Brother-in-law LaVern Swartzentruber did a good job taking care of the chickens and gathering eggs. This morning our little girls are so excited to find the first red strawberries out in the garden. Enjoy your day!
I'm thrilled. Missouri is looking better every day.
(c) 2013 Laura Packer