Giving things away - 1970s cookbooks

As you know, I've decided to give some things away.

You've always wanted to know how to make a Hot House, right? (It's limburger cheese with butter on toast.) How about Pumpkin and Cheese pie? Or Flamenco Veal Chops? All of these recipes and more are in this set of cookbooks.

As you may know, I've been helping a friend clean out his mom's house. We've found quite a few amazing things there, including a trove of cookbooks. She enjoyed cooking in her younger days and would pick up every free cooking pamphlet she could find. I love cookbooks and so have taken many of them for my own collection.

There is no way I will ever use all the cookbooks I have.

This selection of cookbooks is from my friend's mom. You might enjoy the recipes, you might enjoy the astonishing 1960s and 1970s illustrations. I can't wait to see how dated our 2011 graphics look in 40 years.

This package includes:

  • 100 Ways to Be Original In All Your Cooking (by Lea & Perrins Worcestershire)
  • Great Food and Drink Inspired by the Taste of the Renaissance (by Amaretto di Saronno)
  • Recipes for Cheese with California Wines
  • Your Amaretto do Saronno Gourmet Secrets
  • The Calvert Party Encyclopedia (includes asparagus loaf!)
  • Salignac, The Unstuffy Cognac, Recipes
Come on, doesn't this sound like fun? Let me know why you want these treasures from my friend's mom in the comments section; make sure I have a way to reach you. . I can't wait to share them with you!

On my other blog I'm giving away a set of dominos based on The Little Prince. Take a look!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookbook addiction

Blog Jog!

KC adventure: El Pollo Rey