- Chowhound is my first stop for restaurant info, wherever I may be in the world. This is a lively community with highly opinionated posters. It also has cooking and general info boards. Chowhound is a subsection of chow.com, a broader food site with curated recipes, articles, videos and so on. It's also the home of Ruth Bourdain the bastard child of Ruth Reichl and Anthony Bourdain.
- Like so many, I mourned the loss of Gourmet Magazine. The Gourmet website is great, with well written articles and luscious recipes. It's a bit sales oriented, so you do need to slog through, but I have found some real gems here.
- Foodgawker is food porn at its best. Lovely pictures entice you to make even lovelier recipes.
- food52 is a food community, with recipes and articles submitted by users and vetted by chefs.
- 101cookbooks is a lovely blog gone pro with a focus on healthy recipes.
- Lastly, foodily is a social recipe search site. Enter an ingredient, a recipe, something you don't want to cook with, and a list of recipes with images and search suggestions appears. Nicely done!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Here are some of my current favorite sites in the food world. I'd love to know what sites you enjoy, please let me know in the comments section!